This assignment is due on Monday the 12th. Please email me your excel work file with the following name structure: HMW1_yourfirstname_yourlastname .
Open the diamonds data excel file. Notice the file has four sheets. First, get a basic understanding of the meaning of carat (diamond weight), cut (Poor, Fair, Good, Very Good, Excellent), color (D, E, F, G, H, I, J), and clarity ratings of a diamond. You can find out more about these here.
- In the sheet called All Data,
- Make a histogram of prices. To do histograms in excel, you need to install the Analysis ToolPak Add-in. You can find instructions on how to do that here. If this is too complicated for you, do your best and wait until we see it in class tomorrow.
- Make a scatter plot of diamond price against carat weight. Which one is the dependent variable? Which one is the independent variable? Does the correlation makes sense? Try to add a trend line to the scatter plot.
- In the sheet called Bar, draw a column chart of average diamond price by color. Briefly interpret what this means.
- In the sheet called Line, draw a line graph of carat weight (on the x axis) against average price. Briefly interpret this relationship.
- In the sheet called Pie, draw a pie graph of diamond cut against diamond count (this is the number of diamonds in each cut category). Interpret the graph.